显示标签为“guilty”的博文。显示所有博文
显示标签为“guilty”的博文。显示所有博文

2011年4月22日星期五

Father of Calgary recognized guilty of killing children

Calgary man was found guilty of killing her two young children and tries to kill his wife almost two years.

On the night of November 27, 2009, James Bing Jun Louie, 44, has used a rope to strangle his son Jason, 13 and a pillow to smother his daughter, Jane, 9.

Louie then attempted to strangle his wife Ying Tang, as she arrived at the former couple remains in the Northwest of the city.

The bodies of Ying Louie's two children, aged 13 and nine, were found inside their northwest home in November 2009. Their father James Bing Jun Louie was convicted Thursday of killing them. The bodies of two children of Ying Louie, aged 13 to nine, were found inside their house in November 2009 Northwest. Their father James Bing Jun Louie was sentenced Thursday to kill. CBC

Court of Justice bench of the Queen Earl Wilson found Louie guilty Thursday of the second degree murder of his two children and convicted of attempted murder Tang.

Louie was extremely depressed about her separation from Tang and pending divorce of the couple and his actions were triggered by Zopiclone, a sleeping pill he makes, the Court said.

But counsel for the Crown Beverley Bauer maintained that provided Louie and was fully aware of his actions.

In a statement released to the press on Thursday before the verdict was read, Tang said she is grateful for the generous support that I received about me"since the tragedy.

Tang, said that she was evil with pain, sadness and fear since his children were killed.

It has also praised the work done by all members of the Calgary Police Service and the Office of the counsel for the Crown and the 911 dispatcher who was able to trace his cell phone call and send frantic help in time to save his life on the night of the attack.

Accessibility links

View the original article here

2011年4月21日星期四

A recognized man guilty of having tortured disabled half-sister

A Buffalo jury sentenced a man North of the State of New York of rape and his mentally disabled half-sister scalding before their mother smothered her last year.

The jury deliberated about four hours Wednesday to find guilty of all the heads of criminal charge 10 years just 32 Luke.

During a trial of a week, the jury heard how right repeatedly tortured 23-year-old Laura Cummins in their House, outside Buffalo of North Collins. Prosecutors say he has kept his half-sister attached to a Chair, burned her face and buttocks and raped.

The lawyer argued that he was mentally retarded and brain injury and admitted having crimes that he has not committed without understanding its legal situation.

Eva Cummins, the mother of law and the victim, pleaded guilty to second degree murder for killing his daughter and is in prison.

Accessibility links

View the original article here

2011年4月20日星期三

Ex-Taylor Bean recognized President guilty of conspiracy, fraud

server temporarily unavailable
20 Avril 2011, 12 h 04 HAE par Tom Schoenberg

Le 20 avril (Bloomberg)--Lee Farkas, ex-président de Taylor, haricot & Whitaker Mortgage Corp., a été reconnu coupable de 14 chefs d'accusation de complot et de la Banque, fraude wire et des valeurs mobilières dans quelles procureurs dit était un régime de 3 milliards de dollars impliquant des faux hypothèque actifs.

Un jury fédéral à Alexandria en Virginie, rendu hier le verdict après une journée de délibérations. Farkas, qui était libre au cours du procès, a été placé en détention. Il risque une peine maximale de 30 ans sur les accusations de conspiration et de fraude bancaire et 20 ans ou plus sur les chefs de fraude électronique et la fraude en valeurs mobilières lorsqu'il est condamné sur juillet 1. procureurs dit Farkas, 58, orchestré un des fraudes bancaires plus grand et plus longs aux états-Unis qui dupé certaines des plus grandes institutions financières du pays.ciblé du programme de sauvetage de la Banque fédérale et a contribué aux échecs de Taylor Bean et basé à Montgomery, Alabama Colonial Bank.Assistant procureur général Lanny Breuer, chef de la division criminelle du ministère de la Justice, fraude du Farkas dudit "ont afflué de carburant sur le feu" de la crise financière. ?La crise financière a de nombreux visages et aujourd'hui face de Lee Farkas est l'un d'entre eux,"Breuer, qui ont assisté à la partie du procès, a déclaré après le verdict à une conférence téléphonique avec les journalistes. ?En cours ' InvestigationBreuer dit enquête du gouvernement dans le régime de la fraude est ? en cours ?. Il a refusé de dire si personnes supplémentaires pourraient être facturés.Procureurs a passé huit jours établissant les allégations des jurés. Le gouvernement a appelé 23 témoins, y compris des représentants Freddie Mac, Bank of America Corp. et Deutsche Bank AG. Six de ceux qui ont témoigné étaient d'anciens collègues ou associés de Farkas, qui avaient plaidé coupables à des accusations de complot.Farkas utilisé Taylor Bean comme son propre ? tirelire personnelle ? et ont volé plus de 30 millions de dollars de la société, il construit à acheter des maisons, voitures, avions, restaurants et autres commerces de c?té, dit Assistant U.S. Attorney Charles Connolly au cours de cl?ture des arguments.Farkas, qui a refusé toute faute, a témoigné en son propre nom et appelé les deux anciens employés de Taylor Bean et un juricomptable dans sa défense.William Cummings, un des avocats de Farkas, dit que l'équipe de la défense est dé?u du verdict. ?Nous avons lutté dur,"dit Cummings, un ancien procureur américain en Virginie. ? Getting six anciens collègues de plaider coupable et de témoigner est un obstacle difficile à surmonter. ?Cummings a déclaré avoir été surpris U.S. District juge Leonie Brinkema a ordonné Farkas à être emprisonné, ajoutant que le juge a dit qu'elle entendrait arguments la semaine prochaine à savoir s'il devait être libéré alors qu'il attend la peine.Rouleaux RoyceProsecutors cherchent à s'emparer de propriétés Farkas possède en Floride et la Géorgie, ainsi que neuf véhicules, y compris un modèle de Ford de 1929 A et 1963 rouleaux Royce.Taylor Bean, basé à Ocala, en Floride, a été desservant plus de 500 000 prêts hypothécaires dont 51 milliards de dollars de prêts de Freddie Mac lorsqu'il s'est effondré en ao?t 2009, selon les dossiers de la Cour de.Procureurs allèguent la fraude a débuté en 2002 quand Farkas avait réunion trouble dépenses de fonctionnement, telles que la liste de paie et de prêt hypothécaire entretien paiements envers le gouvernement - parrainé assistance Freddie Mac et Ginnie Mae.With de fonctionnaires au Colonial Bank, à la fois parmi les 50 du pays plus grandFarkas masqués manques d'environ 15 millions de dollars par jour en se dépla?ant d'argent à un autre compte de Taylor Bean compte ma?tre de la compagnie, puis en retournant l'argent plus tard dans la journée, conformément à une poursuite connexe par la U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.Overdrawn AccountBy décembre 2003Bean Taylor a été surexploitation son compte environ 150 millions de dollars par jour, la SEC a déclaré.Farkas, environ quatre heures du témoignage, a nié ordonnant à quiconque de se déplacer d'argent entre les comptes de Taylor Bean et dit qu'il et fonctionnaires Taylor Bean n'ont le pouvoir de le faire.Le gouvernement prétend que Farkas et autres conspirateurs, dans un régime, ils ont appelé ? Plan B, ? a commencé à envoyer des données d'hypothèque à Colonial Bank pour les prêts qui n'existaient pas ou qui Taylor Bean avait déjà commis ou vendues à d'autres investisseurs.Faux LoansBy la fin de 2007, le régime était composée d'environ 500 millions de dollars en prêts hypothécaires résidentiels faux et environ 900 millions de dollars en prêts hypothécaires résidentiels non commercialisables et des valeurs mobilières, a déclaré Patrick Stokes, chef adjoint de la section des fraudes du ministère de la Justice des états-Unis., au cours de cl?ture des arguments.Farkas et ses complices détournement cash d'Ocala Funding LLC, un véhicule de financement utilisé et contr?lée par Taylor Bean, afin de couvrir ses pertes, dit procureurs.Ocala financement délivrée du papier commercial adossé à des actifs à des institutions financières, y compris la Deutsche Bank, la plus grosse banque allemande et basée à Paris, BNP Paribas, selon les documents de la Cour. En ao?t 2009, déficit d'Ocala était passé à 1,5 milliard de dollars, selon les procureurs.Comme Colonial Bank a du mal à rester à flot, Farkas tenté de recueillir 300 millions de dollars provenant d'investisseurs privés pour garantir une perfusion de trésorerie de 550 millions de dollars de la fédérale Troubled Asset Relief Program, selon Paul Allen, ancien directeur général la compagnie qui a plaidé coupable à la conspiration. Farkas a été reconnu coupable de représenter faussement qu'il avait des engagements des investisseurs pour l'argent.Colonial n'a jamais les fonds de la bache, dit aux états-Unis.Taylor Bean représentaient environ 2 % des hypothèques pour les maisons individuelles par volume acheté par Freddie Mac en 2009, selon une compagnie de dép?t. La firme dit il a déposé une réclamation en faillite Taylor Bean de 1,8 milliard de dollars, avec 440 millions de dollars relatives aux fonds déposés avec Bank.Alabama Colonial régulateurs saisis Colonial Bank en 2009 et le fédéral dép?t Insurance Corp. a été nommé séquestre. Colonial BancGroup et Taylor Bean a déposé de faillite en cas de 2009.la est U.S. c. Farkas, 10-cr-00200, U.S. District Court, District est de Virginie (Alexandrie).

--Editors : Fred Strasser, Peter Blumberg

Pour contacter la reporter sur cette histoire : Tom Schoenberg à Washington pour tschoenberg@bloomberg.net

Pour contacter l'éditeur responsable de cette histoire : Michael Hytha au mhytha@bloomberg.net


View the original article here

2011年4月5日星期二

Garrido plead guilty to Dugard kidnapping: lawyer

A Prosecutor in the case of a young girl from the North of California was held captive in a garden composed of 18 years, he expects defendant Phillip Garrido plead guilty of all charges and his wife to go to trialunless it gets a better plea agreement.

Jaycee Dugard is seen in this undated photo. After being kidnapped, she spent 18 years in captivity. Jaycee Dugard shown in this undated photo. Was kidnapped, she spent 18 years in captivity. Child Quest handout/ReutersLawyer Stephen Tapson, who represents the defendant Nancy Garrido, said that her husband will probably make the plea of guilty Thursday at a conference before the trial.

"If some hitch does not develop, I am 99 percent sure that Phil will be"plead to the sheet"and eventually be condemned at the same time if judge has developed the correct number of hundreds of years," Tapson said, explaining that he learned that the development of discussions with a lawyer for Phillip Garrido and the Attorney General in the case.

Public defender Susan Gellman, representing Phillip Garrido, did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment. El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson refused to comment on.

The Garridos are loaded each with 18 counts charge of forgery of imprisonment, rape and child pornography. Nancy Garrido pleaded not guilty. Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender, has not yet entered a plea.

They are accused of the abduction of 11 years Jaycee Dugard from outside his home in 1991 in South Lake Tahoe.

If he is convicted on all counts, the maximum penalty for Nancy Garrido 181 years to life, while Phillip Garrido could obtain 431 years to life, according to El Dorado County Attorney of District Deputy James Clinchard.

Phillip Greg Garrido sits in court during his arraignment in the El Dorado Superior Court in Placerville, Calif., Aug. 28, 2009. Greg Phillip Garrido is located in the Court in its appearance, the Superior Court of El Dorado in Placerville, California on August 28, 2009. Kevin Bartram/ReutersThe Garridos held Dugard and her two daughters caused by Phillip Garrido in captivity until their arrest in August 2009, said prosecutors.

The Dugard case revealed problems with the California system for surveillance of convicted sex offenders after it was determined that the parole officers had missed many clues and opportunities to find him.

Dugard, now 30, received a settlement of $ 20 million after the State acknowledged repeated errors were committed by officials of parole responsible for monitoring Phillip Garrido. Since then, the State has increased monitoring of sex offenders.

Solicitors for all sides have said they wanted to avoid a Dugard trial did not testify, but now, it seems, can likely in the case of Nancy Garrido, Tapson said.

"Nancy never wanted him to testify," said Tapson.

Nancy Garrido and her attorney Gilbert Maines in El Dorado Superior Court in August 2009. Nancy Garrido and his attorney Gilbert areas at the El Dorado superior court in August 2009. Kevin Bartram/Reuters "it says that there are long and wanted a reasonable sentence, that the district attorney dismissed today."

Dugard said through his spokesman that she would be willing to testify if the case went to trial.

Tapson, said that the initial offer his client to 55 years was 40 to 50 years in prison, which meant that it could probably go out after 30 years. Tapson said that the district attorney had increased this offer to 183 years of life.

Attorney Pierson said the comments of the Tapson asking for sympathy for Nancy Garrido were offensive.

Accessibility links

View the original article here